How do find apps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ian McKinnon

Ian McKinnon
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have used phonegap to load the HTML file to their site. It seems to work but how do users find the app? Is there a way to let them know how to find it?
  • Ekbergket, HowardtorY, Richardmam and 4 others like this

#2 Jørn E. Angeltveit

Jørn E. Angeltveit
  • Administrators
  • 297 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm not sure how I should interpret your question, Ian.

When you have build your solution with PhoneGap (at least with the service at build.phonegap.com), you should automatically get a lot of links and qr-codes to the various installers. Make these available to your users, and they will be able to download/install your app directly. In PhoneGap->[Your project]->Setting, you must remove the checkbox for "Only approved collaborators (listed below) can download this app".

If you take the process one step further, then you should deploy your installers to the various app stores. By doing that, your app will be search-able and installable from Apple AppStore and Google Play (Android Market) etc etc. Each store will provide you with a link you can share with your users.

PhoneGap doesn't have any "marketplace", but they do have a showcase gallery at phonegap.com/app/. This is, however, based on apps you have submitted to various appstores.

#3 Ian McKinnon

Ian McKinnon
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:03 AM

The confusion appears to be the signing keys. Do I need to download and install the complete Java SDK to get a key? What about IOS etc? My app is free and very simple. It seems like an overkill to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users