Description of Compiler Options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dany

Dany
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

I have been comparing output and fiddling with the options. This is difficult partly because somestuff only surfaces in certain projects and i have the feeling that the changes to the options does not click all times or they are interdependent (one does not give effect without the other).

So; is there a thorough description of the options somewhere? Preferrably with examples and the rationale behind it's existance. That would be top-knotch IMHO.

Regards,

/Dany

• ielite likes this

#2 ielite

ielite
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • LocationAdirondack Park, New York

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:53 AM

Something on all of the IDE options would be wonderful. It would also be wonderful to have documentation on what code is supported in SMS as well. 

I had lots of hopes on the SMART BOOK, but it seems the author abandoned it a long time ago when he came on board SMS.

I dont have the time, but it would be nice to see a community run Wiki for all the documentation for SMS

#3 Christian-W. Budde

Christian-W. Budde
  • Administrators
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

I have just written a small article about these options. It's not yet perfect, but should point you in the right directions.

• ielite and Dany like this

#4 Igor Savkic

Igor Savkic
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

This is very informative, but problem is that in time, one will forget about it and it will be hard to find this link.

Can I suggest to transfer that article to internal help system (if there are plans of building one) or to add some menu option that would list available online articles.

• ielite and markus_ja like this

#5 markus_ja

markus_ja
  • Members
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

It would be great to have a wiki page, where all information can be organized and added, as or similar warleyalex has already started?!!!!

http://forums.smartm...rt-pascal-help/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq