• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarcusF

MarcusF
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVirginia, US

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

I'm evaluating SMS and really would like to use it, but as I'm looking around I see a lack of official documentation.

The community has picked up a lot of slack it seems, but are there plans on releasing proper documentation?

The best example I've seen is the layout manager, which on the website says "[Content to be added]" and links to community posts written in 2012.

I did see a couple of books in progress, but I assume they won't be free for SMS licensees.

• AlexissNag and Natthercress like this

#2 Cipher Diaz

Cipher Diaz
  • Administrators
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Yes this is something we are dealing with right now.

There was a series of unfortunate sircumstances that affected the initial momentum of Smart Mobile Studio. Most notably that I broke my spine in two places and was unable to work for nearly two years. This naturally had an impact on the tech and other members had to pick up my payload, leaving docs as a lower priority than fixing bugs and getting new tech into the releases.

But yes. When the new RTL which we are working on right now (as I type actually) is finalized, then the book will be finished and released as well.

At the same time we are looking at completing our wiki which will be en-par with other systems, such as mono etc.

So we are indeed not blind to these facts :)

• Dany and BobLawrence like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq