markus_ja

3rd party touch scrolling

Hello,

for my web app, I use 3rd party controls, which implements its own touch scrolling in its components. I recognized, that the following SMS code line prevents touch scrolling in 3rd party components:

<script type="text/javascript">    
/* This prevents the window being moved by touches, to give the impression of a native app */
document.ontouchmove = function(e) { e.preventDefault(); }

Is it possible to delete that code instruction? Or can I reactivate the document.ontouchmove event. Since, this event is mentatory that the 3rd party touch scrolling is working. I currently work with kendo UI, but I assume other 3rd party controls work the same way.

Without touch scrolling, web apps are useless on mobile devices.

Please help!

You can either delete it in the HTML template or specify a custom HTML template.

The global template can be found under Templates\default.html. If you delete that line it won't be present in any other projects as well.

If you want to specify a custom template locally you can right click the project manager and choose 'add template'. If you delete the line there, it will only be deleted for this very project.

You have to change the script tag '<?pas=Compiler.InlineScriptTag?>' to something simpler like

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function () { %appcode% }
</script>
I'll make sure that the critical line will be moved from the linker part into the framework as for my projects I don't need that line as well.

Not sure if the fix will make it into the next release as it might break (or at least alter the behavior of ) existing code, but I'll try.