Sign in to follow this  
Czar

[FIXED] ShowDialog - anonymous procedure issue

When the following code is run within Chrome the code is run twice.

Simply place a tw3button on the form or create in code. In InitializeObject add the following

W3Button1.onclick := procedure(sender:tobject) begin
    Application.showDialog('Click yes','Are you sure you want'+#13+' to click yes?',aoYesNo,
      procedure(const Dialog: TW3Dialog; const DialogResult: TW3DialogResult) begin

if DialogResult = roYes then
          writeln('IN HERE');//myarray.count);
    end);
  end;

In the internal browser and in firefox we see a single "IN HERE". However, in chrome we get two reports.

Chrome also throws an error

index.html:83 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Destroy' of undefined
    at Object.Free (index.html:83)

hhmm, thanks for checking that Jarto. I have trie dit at home with Chrome and no problems. Two computers at work demonstrate the problem. I have just tried and taken a screen shot to show I am not mad ;)

I will see if I can figure out what the difference in location contributes.

You can see that "in here" was written once, then twice and then twice again. Along with an error message. I have this bug on two machines at work and not on my home computer - version 62 of  Chrome on all

ChromeError.jpg

index:4307 looks like

TW3Dispatch.Execute(TW3Dispatch,function () {
            TObject.Free(Dialog$2);    <------------------------------- this one
            TObject.Free(BlockBox$1);
         },100);

On that last "Uncaught TypeError" -line, you see a small arrow to the left. Can you click on that, so I can see the stack trace?

You need to show this debugger first and then trigger the error to get the trace.

I think i can fix this.
From what i see above, i have used TW3Dispatch to kill the dialog after the main procedure has been closed.
As I look at it now, i realize that the garbage collector can actually eat the Dialog & BlockBox objects since our "free" code executes after the procedure has exited.
It would have been different had the dialog + blockbox been fields in a class, then the values would have been safely stored there -- but since they are local variables, the JS runtime gobbles them up on exit and they are in effect "NIL" when i try to access them 100ms later

OK, I have issued a fix which should go out with the build later today or tomorrow (not my table so the manager has to deal with that). I noticed several minor mistakes. For instance, the callback "prepare" in the overloaded ShowDialog method never fired. Delayed callback failed because the method was a class method, marked as static, which means the variables are killed on exit (hence the bug above).

Everything is now moved into a normal class, TW3DialogManager, which is available from TW3CustomApplication (or just, application).
The Showdialog methods are still exposed as usual, so you dont need to change anything.

About adjusting a dialog

You asked earlier how to change the glyph and glyph color on a dialog. I must apologize because I did not know the callback didnt fire.
But the way you would do this is as such:

W3Button1.OnClick := procedure (Sender: TObject)
  begin
    application.ShowDialog(aoYesNoCancel,
      procedure (const Dialog: TW3Dialog)
      begin
        Dialog.Header.Caption := 'The header';
        Dialog.Text.Caption := 'The text!';
        Dialog.Glyph.GlyphType := lgtFontAwesome;
        Dialog.Glyph.GlyphColor := clWhite;
        Dialog.Glyph.GlyphId := 'fa-5x fa-exclamation-triangle';
      end,

procedure (const Dialog: TW3Dialog;
      const DialogResult: TW3DialogResult)
      begin
        writeln("You picked:" + DialogResult.ToString());
      end);
  end;

The dialog contains a "glyph" child control, this is of type TW3GlyphContainer (so you must include the unit SmartCL.GlyphContainer if you want to play with this).

As you see you have properties for everything here, like GlyphColor. And you need to use the normal Font-Awesome CSS codes to pick the image you want. Simply visit: http://fontawesome.io/icons/ for a list of available glyphs, and set the code(s) as you like. The size is determined by "fa-5x" (5 times the ordinary size).

Note: You can also use this in labels. If you set the caption of a label or a button caption to: 

W3Label1.Caption := ' <i class="fa fa-free-code-camp" aria-hidden="true"></i> Hello world!';

You get a nice fire glyph before the text :)

The fix should be in circulation shortly -- cheers!