Sign in to follow this  
EgorovAlex

Can't cnnect to the server

Hello,

May be you know, trying Smart Mobile Studio and can't connect to chat server from web browser, from exe clients all works fine. Windows 7 32bit.

After click on Connect button I receive error long message: RO call failed. Message:{<long data>}Error: Invalid response: unsupported binary message signature

Also: remember that you are still bound by the "same origin" rule. So you either have to add the special origin header to your server (so that the browser allows you to connect), or host the bin folder on the same server.

Sorry, I posted a comment but due to some kind of error it disappeared or got not posted.

But what kind of browser do you use, is it IE?

Have you tried to use JSON? That should always work...

You only have to set some specific settings though:

http://wiki.remobjects.com/wiki/Calling_RemObjects_SDK_Servers_from_JavaScript

Tips & Tricks

BinMessage is used in this tutorial because it is "most powerful" message type among RemObject SDK Messages. Unfortunately, it's unavailable for Internet Explorer users, because it doesn't support posting binary data. They should switch to JSONMessage. Please note that in order to use it following JSONMessage properties have to be set to true at the server side: WrapResult, SessionIdAsId, SendExtendedException, IncludeTypeName.

I'm use Chrome, but this is does not work from internal browser of SMS when I'm run sample for test.

I'm novice with SMS and try to run this sample to view power of SMS adn how I can use this, but currently can't view any result with provided with installer example.

Strange, it should work out of the box (of course... :) )

Anyway, I assume you run the provided "HTTPChatServer.exe"?

Can you provide some details about the network data? Right click in Chrome -> Inspect element -> Network tab. Then press the login button and copy paste  the results

Weird: the first error shows the RODL file (kind of xml structure of all interfaces and stuff on the server). The second says your browser does not support BIN messages, which is weird too because I assume your Chrome browser is up to date (automatic done by google). The only thing I can think of is something due to Russion character handling?

Anyway, I will see if I can make a JSON version of it, which should work everywhere (even mobile phones and IE)

Can't get the JSON stuff working yet with the latest version of RemObjects, maybe tomorrow evening again (busy day tomorrow).

Can you post your email so I can send you the latest version of the remobjects server (winter 2012)?

(or you can build the server yourself if you have the latest RO installed yourself, see the RO demo -> HTTP Chat)

Just for the record: I changed the RemObjects Chat demo a bit. It uses JSON instead of BIN now (this should work on all devices, got several problems with BIN on for example Opera Mini). I also enabled cross origin requests on the RO Server side (so the Smart index.html can be run local as file in a browser). Alex reported it works now for him.

btw: the next release of SMS contains the updated Chat demo