demos not working

I saw the latest version so I thought I would install and give it a whirl.

HelloWebGL bang no go - jmousevenet

MissileCommand no go

megademo - no

what is up with this?

It is frustrating that the demos with this compiler don't even compile.

I am unsure what the status of this project is but from my end it seems to have gone from great promise and expectations and now languishes in the mire.

I would expect that the official product would at least compile the accompanying demo examples :(

HI,

No I don't uninstall first. I am surprised that you need to. Presumably new files replace old ones.

The error I am getting,

for example megademo

Syntax Error: Unknown name "JMouseEvent" [line: 73, column: 21, file: W3MouseCapture]

I will try a complete uninstall and see how that goes.

cool that seems to have fixed it.I don't like uninstalling IDEs as you tend to lose stuff. i.e., it is unclear whether uninstall will remove project folders etc. I think the setup kit could be improved so that an unistall is not required.

• Administrators

a) Regarding uninstall/install - it should not be necessary to uninstall old version before installing 1.1.2 so this is clearly a bug in the installer. I'll check it out.

B) Regarding snippets - uninstall should not delete your snippets so again this is clearly a bug in the installer.

• Administrators

While I can confirm the second problem - uninstallation removes the snippets file - I cannot repeat the first one. I have installed 1.1.2 beta 2 over 1.1.1.5 and everything compiles fine.

I'm still trying to repeat the problem but I would need some help. What was the previous version installed and what version of Windows are you running?

I never tried to just install over the old. I assumed from this discussion below that I had to uninstall and re-install.

gabr42

All three demos you mentioned compile fine on my clean Smart 1.1.2 installation. Did you install Smart over a previous version? What kind of errors (exactly) are you getting?

Czar

No I don’t uninstall first. I am surprised that you need to. Presumably new files replace old ones.