Exit application and resizing graphics

I wanted to see how SMS and Phonegap worked together, and given a simple app, I must say everything just works. However, I have a couple of questions, related to running the packaged app on Android platforms.

1. How do you close an application? In Delphi, I would write Self.Close. I tried Application.Terminate, but the app looks like it's still present, just that there is no form displayed.

2. If I have a TW3Image on a form, I can't resize it via pinch-zoom-in and pinch-zoom-out, unlike what I can do if the image was viewed in a browser. Is there some setting to enable that function?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

1) isn't it sort of 'not done' to close a mobile app ?

The user should be the only one able to close

I understand Apple rejects apps for the app-store which have this behaviour

btw : Ch 5.8 ASmartbook gives some pointers on closing events if the app needs to do something on closing

2) I haven't tried it myself, but pinch-zoom on Phonegap seems to work in combo with iScroll

https://iphonedevlog.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/adding-picture-zooming-to-your-phonegap-app-with-iscroll4/

It is not used when it is a web app. However, when you wrap an html5 app into cocoon or similar then it can function like a regular app. So there are cases where you need to be able shutdown the application.

I will try

asm
      window.close();
     end;