New compiler error (?)

I am getting another compiler error. Here is the output. The Hint lines can be ignored of course.

-----------------------------------------

[iDE] Compiling solution VistAREST ..

Hint: Variable "TmpExt" declared but not used [line: 113, column: 3, file: ORNet]

Hint: Variable "SavedCursor" declared but not used [line: 401, column: 3, file: ORNet]

Hint: Variable "SavedCursor" declared but not used [line: 413, column: 3, file: ORNet]

Hint: Variable "SavedCursor" declared but not used [line: 426, column: 3, file: ORNet]

Hint: Result is never used [line: 454, column: 1, file: ORFn]

Hint: Result is never used [line: 1163, column: 1, file: ORFn]

Hint: Result is never used [line: 80, column: 3, file: VAUtil]

Hint: Private method "InitFocusControlName" declared but never used [line: 24, column: 14, file: fSelDivU]

Hint: Private field "FOnModalClosed" declared but never used [line: 23, column: 5, file: fSelDivU]

[iDE] Generating JavaScript...

[iDE] Internal error. Code-generator threw exception EInvalidCast with message Ungültige Typumwandlung

[iDE] Compilation successfull [104 msec.]

-----------------------------------------

This compiler is one that has a hot-fix in it to solve a prior error. I think that is why the error message is non-English.

It says that compilation was successful, but there is no index.html file generated. So it was not actually successful.

What do I do next? How can this be fixed?

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry.

I guess the response was absent since no-one were able to reproduce the error nor figure out where it went wrong. (IIRC, this was a custom built patch, wasn't it)?

We also wanted to give this bug a real try in v2.1 rather that chasing a ghost in a special build. Unfortunately, this release has been delayed by a couple of very critical corner case issues. Thus, the last three weeks has been in the famous software phase called "tomorrow! probably!".

You could give your project a try in this unofficial beta release:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qy0hg64jztwn8jb/AAA3uFKckDfNHSXXeIycxTWua

Beware that you should take backup of all projects and snippets and settings before installation!

Let us know if the problem is solved in this update.

I have downloaded the unofficial beta and brought my project up in it. There has been substantial changes from the W3* namespace to the SmartCL* namespace. But I got everything converted over, I think except for Variant types. Where is that defined? My code that uses variants compiled before, but now throws errors of unknown variable time TVariant (or maybe it was just 'variant' not 'TVariant').

Where unit are variants in?

Kevin