Sign in to follow this  
jarto

Smart Mobile Studio 3.0.0 beta1 is released

The installer doesn't allow me to set the folder. I don't want it in the default program files area. I will manually move but please change the installer to allow for location.

Also I tried using auto update but I take it that doesn't work?

unit namespace SmartCL;

this still has a bug I reported a while back

// Implementation of storage-device "Browser:"
//    SmartCL.StorageDevice.Browser,

doesn't exist

There are two ways for you to install:

The default installer does install in a predetermined location under Program Files etc. just like before.

The SmartUpdate -way to install lets you have multiple versions of Smart Mobile Studio and get incremental updates. To use it, download SmartUpdate.exe to an empty folder and copy your user.lic there. Then run SmartUpdate.exe, choose your channel and let it download all the necessary files.

A new update is available (in both alpha- and beta-channels on SmartUpdate) aand it's a big one:

IDE:
- Added TStrings-support to Object Inspector, which allows editing of:
  - TW3ListBox.Items
  - TW3ComboBox.Items
  - TW3RadioGroup.Items
  - TW3TabControl.Tabs
- NodeJS background executions are stopped when project is closed.
- Bug fixes to OmniXML
- Updated Datasnap proxy generator dll to latest
- Fixed problem with Datasnap access interface importer

RTL:
- New control: TW3GoogleMaps
- TW3TabControl can use Forms as Tab contents (Check TabForms -demo)
- Updated node.js headers to version 8.10.0 LTS compatible with stable v9.8.0)
- Isolated node.js EventEmitter in separate unit (NodeJS.Events) as per specification (node.js v6.9.1)
- Implemented System.IOUtils with storage independent TPath class
- Implemented a synchronous node.js filesystem API, TW3NodeSyncFileAPI class in SmartNJ.System
- Implemented abstract directory parser (TW3DirectoryParser in System.IOUtils)
- Implemented standard system file and folder functiction in SmartNJ.System
- Upgraded our virtual, BTree based in-memory filesystem to use TPath
- Changed TW3VirtualFileSystem to store data as TByteArray rather than variant
- Implemented directory parser for Linux, Unix and Windows
- Implemented abstract storage device driver (System.Device.Storage)
- Implemented storage device driver for browsers (SmartCL.Device.Storage)
- Implemented storage device driver for node.js (SmartNJ.Device.Storage)
- Implemented TW3DirectoryWatch class for node.js (SmartNJ.Device.Storage)
- Implemented TApplication object for node.js, exposing traditional properties and process info
- Updated our message api (SmartCL.Messages) to support javascript messagechannel ports
- Added full support for socket.io clients (SmartCL.Net.Socketio)
- Updated TW3Memo control to initialize states for autocorrect, autocapitalize etc.
- Added GetIsRunningInBrowser function to system.types
- TStreamReader and TStreamWriter moved to System.Reader and System.Writer units.
  This deprecates the System.StreamReader and System.StreamWriter units.
- Implemented new string parser functions for recognizing intrinsic types (TDataType in System.Types.Convert)
- Updated TW3DatasetFilter to use new parser framework
- Fixed string-to-intrinsic-type (TryStrToInt, TryStrToBoolean etc) functions
- Full re-implementation of our parser framework (System.Text.Parser)
- Partial class TBinaryData, under node has functions for consuming and emitting data as a node buffer
- Fixed bug in our node.js http server (SmartNJ.Server.HTTP) where the response object would not release if an
  error occured, causing the server to drop the connection.
- Cleaned up multiple declarations for JBuffer and JNodeBuffer, now isolated in unit nodejs.core
- Changed default creation flags for node.js files to R+W as opposed to R+W+E (only affects Linux)
- Fixed bug where TNJHttpRequest.GetHeaders function returned null
- Removed use of JError under node where applicable, now use TJSErrorObject from system.types unit
- Updated bytecode assembler and virtual machine project to latest
- Removed TFileNameHelper class from SmartCl.Legacy unit, this is now handled by TPath in System.IOUtils
- Updated codec manager (system.codec unit)
- Implemented RC4 encryption codec and binding (System.Codec.RC4)
- Updated Base64.js to latest revision (libraries/base64.js) which is added by the linker on demand
- Full re-implementation of base64 codec (System.Codec.base64 unit)
- Changed TString.ToBase64() function to use new codec
- TW3GroupBox header fixed, now uses TW3Label rather than mapping the unreliable <legend> tag
- Improved AutoCreateForm routine, this now performs better checking before construction
- TW3Grid control now uses TW3ScrollControl as a container, adding momentum scrolling and better touch handling
- Fixed important problem with TString helper class, function missing @ for result caused exception

Demos:
- Full reimplementation of our websocket server, replacing websocket.io with the standard ws package
- Updated all node.js demos to use our high-level classes
- Updated WebSQL demo to use correct names
- Updated "Binary data" demo to use TBinaryData class (System.Memory.Buffer unit)
- Fishfacts demo updated to use new functionality
- Fixed problems with advanced demos (biotopia in particular) to work with latest RTL

I have 3.0.0.201

Using smart update I can only select Alpha and then after the updated I am back to 2.9.x.x

How do I update the beta channel?

Ok, I followed your advise from above

"To use it, download SmartUpdate.exe to an empty folder and copy your user.lic there. Then run SmartUpdate.exe, choose your channel and let it download all the necessary files."

It would be nice to be able to update my actual install dir with beta version. BTW what is "master" - sounds important 

There was a problem in the TW3GoogleMaps -component and the IDE/Compiler. CenterLat- and CenterLng-properties were ignored. I've fixed this and pushed new updates to both alpha- and beta-channels. Both channels contain the same version, so it doesn't matter which one you choose.

More updates are available with SmartUpdate. To update, do this:

• Delete Projects\Features Demos\API\WebWorker -folder
  • Run SmartUpdate

This is because the old WebWorker demo was moved to a Timer- subfolder and a new one was created. The new demo is made as an example how applications created with Smart Mobile Studio can scale nicely by using multiple threads and cores. To run the demo:

• Open and compile the Worker-project under Projects\Features Demos\API\WebWorker\Count Primes
  • Open and run the Main Application

Example:

image.png

CPU load. First spike is with 8 threads, then 2 threads and last 4 threads.

image.png

@jarto

I attempted to run my project for the first time since the latest Smart Update and I am getting this message

Error loading project with message:
This project is too new for this version of the Smart Mobile Studio

Have you restored the alpha channel? Because I found that downloads an olde exe.

I am finding that TryStrToInt has moved to a new unit - unsure why

10 hours ago, Czar said:

Have you restored the alpha channel? Because I found that downloads an olde exe.

Alpha and beta channels should currently give the same versions, except the IDE version numbers are different.

The TryStrToInt was moved along with a few other conversion releated functions to System.Types.Convert. This was done to slim down System.Types, so that WebWorkers would get a lot smaller. TryStrToInt itself was not the reason, but other converting functions like base64.

@IElite Can you zip and send me the project, so I can have a look?

14 hours ago, Czar said:

@Czar

Yes, a complete restore and I got the same error

4 hours ago, jarto said:

Alpha and beta channels should currently give the same versions, except the IDE version numbers are different.

The TryStrToInt was moved along with a few other conversion releated functions to System.Types.Convert. This was done to slim down System.Types, so that WebWorkers would get a lot smaller. TryStrToInt itself was not the reason, but other converting functions like base64.

@IElite Can you zip and send me the project, so I can have a look?

@jarto

I will email the zip to you. Its too large to attach to here or a message

This happened because you created the app (of saved it) with the beta-version. You need to follow the beta-channel when it comes to updates too. We are only updating the alpha-channel to keep it up with the development. But as we are now in the beta-stage, the beta-channel is the one to follow and use until the real 3.0 release is done.

1 hour ago, jarto said:

This happened because you created the app (of saved it) with the beta-version. You need to follow the beta-channel when it comes to updates too. We are only updating the alpha-channel to keep it up with the development. But as we are now in the beta-stage, the beta-channel is the one to follow and use until the real 3.0 release is done.

@jarto

So what is the fix. Download the beta channel and use that?