Kosta

I have no success to install the Smart Mobile Studio 3.0 without severe notification from Microsoft Security Essentials Trojan Detected.

I have no success to install the Smart Mobile Studio 3.0 without severe notification from Microsoft Security Essentials Trojan Detected.

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl.

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
startup:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Smart Mobile Studio\Smart Mobile Studio.lnk
file:C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Mobile Studio\SmartMS.exe
file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Smart Mobile Studio\Smart Mobile Studio.lnk

Get more information about this item online.

Antimalware Client Version: 4.10.209.0
Engine Version: 1.1.15300.6
Antivirus definition: 1.277.125.0
Antispyware definition: 1.277.125.0
Network Inspection System Engine Version: 2.1.14600.4
Network Inspection System Definition Version: 119.0.0.0

Reported by Microsoft Security Essentials 2016 on Windows 7 SP1 machine.

Best regards.

As far as I know, there are no viruses in SmartMS.exe, so it's a false positive.

Can you submit the SmartMS.exe you have to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

This is a common Delphi problem. Virus killers etc. Are sloppy and quite a few get flagged with this, until they bother to check more than just the header checksum or verisign resource.

The binaries are safe, and we refuse to pay microsoft for a verisign license, because they do this on purpose to force developers to buy expensive signing certificates. We oppose such things on principle.

The binaries are clean, checked and double checked. They are buildt in isolation with both microsoft security + virus killers active. We use bought and valid Delphi editions, and the few components we use are likewise clean and properly licensed.

So this is a false negative. Please report this to your virus-killer so they can mark it as safe. They just do a checksum compare and often windows will react if you dont have a verisign resource embedded. Most Delphi developers find MS forced policy on this completely unacceptable.

Thank you jarto, Thank you lennart, I have just submitted to Microsoft

--

Submission details

smartms.exe

Submission ID: 43e9c4db-2060-431a-a8d8-17bbddecf3be

Submitted by: k**********@gmail.com

Submitted: Oct 2, 2018 4:44:50 PM

User Opinion: Incorrect detection

Analyst comments:

No analyst comment provided.

--

I hope they will react to the false Trojan detection, however I doubt they will ever possible to respond to this issue.

Unfortunately, I can't even restore this smartms.exe binary. MSE throws back again into virus list, and removes it with no time.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Sincerely Kosta.