Sign in to follow this  
Roberto

SMS and MORMOT

I'm considering buying SMS for use with MORMOT, and I have a few questions.

1. Does the current version of MS support mormot (ver 18)?

2. If not, if I purchase SMS, can I download a version that does?

3. Is the license per user or per machine (can I install on Laptop AND Desktop)?

Thanks

> 1. Does the current version of MS support mormot (ver 18)?

In mORMot, last fully supported version of SMS is 2.2.2.4543, I think at this moment ab (mORMot) doesn't have plans of adding support for SMS 3.0. I don't know if SMS team have plans for that. What would be required is changing SMS mustache template in mORMot, I reckon 1 to 3 days of work for a regular user (like myself).

> 2. If not, if I purchase SMS, can I download a version that does?

At the moment what should work is using latest mORMot for server side and some older one for SMS (to generate mORMotClient unit).

5 hours ago, Igor Savkic said:

... What would be required is changing SMS mustache template in mORMot, I reckon 1 to 3 days of work for a regular user (like myself)

Hmmm - I'm a beginner at this.

... At the moment what should work is using latest mORMot for server side and some older one for SMS (to generate mORMotClient unit).

Just so I'm clear - do you mean use the LATEST SMS version with the old mormot ?

Thanks Igor.

I still use old SMS myself with old mORMot so it will take some time till I switch to latest versions.

> Just so I'm clear - do you mean use the LATEST SMS version with the old mormot ?

Yes, I haven't tested that myself but one user in mORMot forum tried it and it worked for him.

8 minutes ago, Igor Savkic said:

I still use old SMS myself with old mORMot so it will take some time till I switch to latest versions.

> Just so I'm clear - do you mean use the LATEST SMS version with the old mormot ?

Yes, I haven't tested that myself but one user in mORMot forum tried it and it worked for him.

If you need any help with this, I'm more than happy to help. I myself have only used the pdf-components of mORMot, so I'm not at all familiar with the SMS integration - but willing to help.

Igor, jarto, can't thank you enough for your helpfull responses.

But before I commit time and money to this solution, I really need to be confident that I can obtain a mormot / SMS combination that will work "out of the box" without having to do a lot of trial and error.

I've already wasted more time than I can afford to loose looking for solutions, and I really don't want to waste any of your time.

So I might sit tight and wait to see if anyone responds who is actually using a working combination.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Oh, and if I purchase SMS, can I download earlier versions from the web site?

Yes you can. And don't think that you may waste my time. It's also a great possibility for me to learn about mORMot.

Happy to help you with mormot stuff jarto. But I'd better not clog up the SMS support group with mormot info. If you can PM me with your email address I'll send you some examples.

11 hours ago, Roberto said:

But before I commit time and money to this solution, I really need to be confident that I can obtain a mormot / SMS combination that will work "out of the box" without having to do a lot of trial and error.

You can use SMS trial for the tests.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Happy to help you with mormot stuff jarto. But I'd better not clog up the SMS support group with mormot info. If you can PM me with your email address I'll send you some examples.

It's definitely best if we try to work on this here in the forum. There are others who know more about mORMot, so we can pool our collective wisdom here.

OK :-).

I wrote some mormot exampls inDelphi earlier this year for my Delphi user group. They are versions of the MORMOT examples from the mormot SQLite3/Samples folder. What I'd like to do is to see if I can convert them to SMS. How do we go about posting source code on the forum?

Also - is there a more appropriate plce than the "Pre-Sales" area ?

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

OK :-).

I wrote some mormot exampls inDelphi earlier this year for my Delphi user group. They are versions of the MORMOT examples from the mormot SQLite3/Samples folder. What I'd like to do is to see if I can convert them to SMS. How do we go about posting source code on the forum?

Also - is there a more appropriate plce than the "Pre-Sales" area ?

Probably the Client -Server area is best. There are discussions there about RemObjects too.

When you do a post, do you see this

image.png

You can invoke a webservice created with MORMot to perform the authentication and call some services, thanks to suberb work by Arnauld Bouchez http://blog.synopse.info/post/2014/08/11/CrossPlatform-Clients/SmartMobileStudio, interface-based service can be accessed via a SmartPascal for instance, this classes are 100% smart pascal code compatible, just to prove the power the smart pascal. You can use even the SMS Basic version, but you don't have support from the desginer, you basically have to create the views and binding using the controllers (smart units), the point is you don't need to pay the Enterprese edition to consume mORMot services, of couse the professional editions is recommended.

I can't believe SMS didn't put this feature info into https://smartmobilestudio.com/feature-matrix/,  IMHO it may be a good selling point for SmartMobileStudio.

The super-robo-architect AB has designed the units for months... I still can not believe it today, SMS didn't give due value to the super-robo-architect. Some months writting some the lib, the units will be generated directly from the mORMot server, there is no package to be installed within the SMS IDE, there is no wrappers involved, the clients are 100% written in smart pascal dialect. to enable/generate the smartmobilestudio wrapper class, just go to http://127.0.0.1:888/root/wrapper and paste into smart mobile studio for news projects.

Smart Mobile Studio with mORMot is very interesting!

19 minutes ago, jarto said:

Probably the Client -Server area is best. There are discussions there about RemObjects too.

When you do a post, do you see this

@jarto Yes - I do. Will give it a try later 🙂

11 minutes ago, EWB said:

... there is no package to be installed within the SMS IDE, there is no wrappers involved, the clients are 100% written in smart pascal dialect. to enable/generate the smartmobilestudio wrapper class, just go to http://127.0.0.1:888/root/wrapper and paste into smart mobile studio for news projects.

Smart Mobile Studio with mORMot is very interesting!

@EWB Great - thank you. Just downloaded the trial. Will have a play in the morning (nearly 11 PM here).

Today I ran some tests with SMS3.1 and a Jan 2018 version of Mormot.

I coppied the SynCrossPlatform*.pas files
from ...\mORMot\CrossPlatform
to C:\ProgramData\The Smart Company\Smart Mobile Studio\Libraries

Opened the following p[roject in SMS 3.1 :
  ...\mORMot\SQLite3\Samples\27 - CrossPlatform Clients\SmartMobileStudio

17 compiler errors - things like :
 Syntax Error: Unit "SynCrossPlatformREST" referenced in unit "mORMotClient" not found [line: 26, column: 23, file: mORMotClient]

Do SMS Projects automatically see .pas files in the ...\Smart Mobile Studio\Libraries folder?

Note that I ran

\Samples\27 - CrossPlatform Clients\SmartMobileStudio\www\index.html in the browser.

It works - but only with an old version of the Project14ServerHttpWrapper.exe Server.

I'll attach the .exe - needed if anyone gets the project to compile.

Project14ServerHttpWrapper.exe

I've created a VM with an old version of Mormot (2016). Tomorrow I'll try to compile the same project on the VM with SMS 3.1. If that fails, will try to download an old SMS version and try that on the VM.

Will report back.

Gonna have a look at that SmartMobileStudio Client that is in mORMot Git.

When I run that Project14ServerHttpWrapper, it complains:

"errorText":"Please copy some .mustache files in the expected folder (e.g. C:\\CrossPlatform\\templates)"

Can someone more experienced with mORMot help me out here, so I get to a SMS project that I could use? When I get one, I can go through all the compiler errors and fix them.