warleyalex

stable x unstable IDE

I've got different tastes between SMS 3.0.2.20 and SMS 3.1.0.80. The latter is works as expected. When I open a simple project in the stable version 3.0.2, and I click in button in the project, it displays

"Program has errors. Operation might not be completed." It says in the 3.0.2 (this version contains all the fixes and improvements from the development-channel).

30220.png

SMS 3.1.0.80 (from the development channel) works as expected! The issue is from the SMS 3.0.2.20 (stable release).

When I click at the widget button/W3Button2 for instance, it would go to the code editor W3Button2Click procedure in the 3.1x, but fails at 3.0x.

<object type="TW3Button">
        <Caption>W3Button</Caption>
        <Width>128</Width>
        <Top>272</Top>
        <Left>272</Left>
        <Height>32</Height>
        <Name>W3Button2</Name>
        <OnClick>W3Button2Click</OnClick>
      </object>

ver3x.rar

your .rar file can't be opened but I think this is what it contains :

open up a new project in 3.0.2.20 and add a button to the designer, then double click the button which should take you to the W3Button1Click procedure in the ide

This works ok for me

the version in the window title bar says [3.0.2.20] and I downloaded that one using smartupdate and the masterchannel

The download link from SMS 3.0.2 stable release: https://smartmobilestudio.com/download/3.0.2/setup.exe 

There is no issue when I drag n' drop a new widget/TWButton onto designer then double click at the button in SMS 3.0.2. This is an old SMS project, created with SMS 2.0.1 -  packed  with winrar 5.50. SMS 3.0.2 can open it but we can not jump to the W3Button1Click procedure like 3.1.x.

I won't be able to look at this in detail as I'm travelling. There should not be any difference between the IDEs. 3.1.x.x is the version number for the development-channel and 3.0.0.2.x is the official version. Despite the differences in the version numbers, they are the same at the moment.

If you get that message about there being problems in the source, it means that the background compilation of your project found errors. Try opening the project and compiling it normally. You should see the errors then and be able to fix them.

I don't want to interrupt your holidays. I thought I was going crazy. Crazy about smart. I have SMS 2.2.2 (last winXP), SMS 3.0.2 (stable release) and SMS 3.1.0.80 (development) installed.  It was exactly the same project, same source, but I forgot to copy the SynCrossPlatform units ( SynCrossPlatformCrypto.pas | SynCrossPlatformREST.pas | SynCrossPlatformSpecific.pas ) into SMS3.0.20/Libraries folder and the issue has vanished, the designer worked as expected in SMS 3.0.2.20 - without any error.