petermm

RTL Class Browser stays empty

3 hours ago, petermm said:

After updating an older version of SMS to build 3.0.2.20 the RTL Class Browser Tool pops up empty.  What can I do to make it work?

This usually means that there's errors in the RTL code. Have you done some own changes? I just tested with my 3.0.2.20 install and the RTL Class Browser works fine there.

Hi,

Try doing a complete uninstall and then make sure to delete the "c:\programdata\Optimale Systemer AS" folder. Then reinstall.

Or then use SmartUpdate to install from the development-channel. That way you can have several different versions of Smart Mobile Studio on different folders.

I've found the following:

d:\Smart Mobile Studio\RTL\
C:\ProgramData\The Smart Company\Smart Mobile Studio\RTL\
C:\ProgramData\Optimale Systemer AS\Smart Mobile Studio\ -> NO RTL Folder

I've tried to copy the RTL Folder to   C:\ProgramData\Optimale Systemer AS\Smart Mobile Studio\ but no success (tried both) :(

12 hours ago, petermm said:

C:\ProgramData\The Smart Company\Smart Mobile Studio\RTL\

This is the folder that is used with current versions if you use the setup.

Can you try this:

1. Make a new folder anywhere you like (I will use D:\smsdev in this example)
  2. Download and save SmartUpdate.exe to this new folder https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/smart-mobile-studio/download/SmartUpdate.exe
  3. Copy your user.lic from C:\ProgramData\The Smart Company\Smart Mobile Studio to this new folder
  4. Add a new Shortcut to your new folder and set
    1. Location: D:\smsdev\SmartUpdate.exe /changechannel /showhidden
    2. Name: Update SMS
  5. Double click on the shortcut to start SmartUpdate
  6. Click Next until you get to selection of channel
  7. Choose Development
  8. Click Next until Smart Mobile Studio has been downloaded and installed to this folder

Now this folder will contain the latest development version, which I suggest you use. Make a new shortcut somewhere to start SmartMS.exe from that folder. To make sure that it stays fresh, run this "Update SMS" when I announce new changes here in the forum.

Hope this helps.

Works partly:

First SmartUpdate.exe updates and restarts itself – without command line parameter I guess. At least there is no “development” channel option (only MASTER, ALPHA and BETA). After choosing MASTER the SMS install itself runs as expected. The RTL class browser works. :) Unfortunately a fresh start of SmartUpdate.exe /changechannel /showhidden fails :( It pops up in full screen mode showing an partly initialized main form.

BTW: What is the C:\ProgramData\   path SMS will use? Is there a prove to ensure it contains the current RTL copy?

Weird, that you did not see the DEVELOPMENT-channel. And even weirder that it pops up in full screen. Which Windows-version are you using?

The MASTER channel is identical with the current release, so it's also a good one to follow. When you do a portable installation like this, the full installation is inside the folder you created and the RTL folder is right there. Nothing is installed to ProgramData or Program Files then.