IElite

License Serial Number invalid

Even though I was just charged a couple of days ago for renewal......I get a "License Serial Number Invalid"

Seems like this happens every year, yet no one seems to fix this issue

If I run the non-devloper version, it tells me license expired on 11/18 and won't let the program run

I have said this in the past, just because we don't renew doesn't mean the program should stop working. Should just not be able to get updates.

7 minutes ago, IElite said:

Like I said though, it is not just a problem with renewal. What if I decided not to renew. Does that mean I can't use my software anymore?

Currently, yes, until I can dig deep enough to make the necessary changes. I agree that it shouldn't be this way.

I'll generate a license and send it to you. But can you also check that it's not in your spam folder?

No, it is not in my SPAM folder. I went through all of this last year too.

I am not happy about the fact the software doesn't work if you don't renew your subscription. I have more than $500.00 invested in the software over the years (if not more). I should be able to have the option of stopping my subscription and just using the latest version I have.

I think now this should be the #1 priority for your team!!!!  The software has to work when subscription ends.  If you dont have plans on that, that I want to get a refund NOW and wash my hands of this.

Like I wrote, I do agree with you that we need to fix this. I myself can not fix this right away but I have asked Jörn to have a look.

Also I'd like to emphasize that we never leave our customers in harms way. So if someone needs to run the IDE after the license has expired, we can find a solution.

It should work as you explain, @IElite

You get a license key, and this gives you access to all updates for a year. After that, you can still use your latest version of the software forever - even if you unsubscribe.

When it's time for renewal, you should get a reminder from Stripe (or Gumroad) upfront. You should also get a new mail with a new license key once the renewal was carried out.

There are some cases where the access to the software is locked after a certain amount of time. This happens to trial keys and educational key. So if you are on an edu.license, the software will actually stop working after time period you asked for. That is the correct behavior.

In your case, it sounds like we have two issues:

1) The key that was generated for you included the "educational" tag, and thus the software stopped working on the expiration date.

2) You didn't get a new mail with a new key when the subscription was renewed.

We really don't want to play "hard to get" on this area. We want to grow a large community, and such things should just work flawlessly. We're really sorry about the inconvenience!

An email with the subject "Your License Key" was sent to you from post@smartmobilestudio.com on November 18th, 05:23:50 PM.

Can you re-check your inbox/spam-folder?

OK. We'll see what we can do to improve that.  We already use very reliable SMTP-provider, and we have authenticated our domain. Still, we experience that some ISP's are very strict when it comes to such e-mails.

Can you check if you license key is listed under "My licenses" on clientarea.smartmobilestudio.com?

20 hours ago, jorn said:

Can you check if you license key is listed under "My licenses" on clientarea.smartmobilestudio.com?

It requires me to login. What would my credentials be ?

4 minutes ago, jorn said:

Just hit "I forgot my password" and use the mail you use for your license.

I did, I never received an email with new password reset link. I checked my spam folder too. But it also didn't say that the account didn't exist either or that id didnt recognize the email

Just in case you're wondering: we are looking into the clientarea-stuff.

We don't have the same logging for emails here, so we need to dig a bit to figure out what's happening. Stay tuned.

OK. Thanks for the heads up!

We must look into the issue of renewals, for sure. Maybe Stripe has changes something.

We don't want to appear as some kind of a dodgy company. The customer should always be aware of the renewals.