jarto

Smart Mobile Studio 3.9.1 (1st Alpha release) is available

We are proud to release Smart Mobile Studio 3.9.1. This is the first Alpha release of the upcoming Smart Mobile Studio 4.0. The biggest improvement is the new WYSIWYG Designer, which takes developing visual applications in SMS to a new level. The compiler was updated with a new version of DWS (Delphi Web Script) and the IDE uses an updated Chromium component. On top of this, there are new components and improvements to the RTL.......

Please read the release notes here:

https://smartmobilestudio.com/2019/12/20/smart-mobile-studio-3-9-1-released/

I don't see the visual designer at all. I've tried demo projects and clean new project, but only a blank white page appear. And it's not possible to drop a component on it. Nothing happens.

What I did was to make a copy of my SMS 3 folder, and then run the SmartUpdate utility from that one. All files got updated, but it does not work. Do I need to do a fresh install?

2 hours ago, sibar said:

I don't see the visual designer at all. I've tried demo projects and clean new project, but only a blank white page appear. And it's not possible to drop a component on it. Nothing happens.

What I did was to make a copy of my SMS 3 folder, and then run the SmartUpdate utility from that one. All files got updated, but it does not work. Do I need to do a fresh install?

Yes, do make a fresh install to an empty folder that only has your user.lic

2nd Alpha release of the upcoming version 4.0 is now available. You can install it with SmartUpdate from the ALPHA-channel. If you have installed the first alpha release, you can simply run SmartUpdate in the same folder.

Designer:

• If a component is added by just clicking, it's created at 96x32 size
  • Prevent deletion of form

IDE:

• Disable adding of units to uses-section when a form is opened
    • Required units will still be added when a component is added to the form
  • Add a message if the IDE's internal server can not start
  • Bug fix to sorting of forum posts on the Welcome Page
  • Small bug fix to Switch Comment

A smaller update is available in the alpha-channel. This contains some bug fixes and a new demo:

• Bug fixes to Application.ShowModalForm
  • Bug fix to TNJHTTPSServer.Dispatch in SmartNJ.Server.Https.pas
  • New self signed certificates for the nodejs https-demo
  • New featured demo: LoginDialog

The demo is a small example on how to show a form as modal to use it as a login form.

41 minutes ago, IElite said:

@jarto

i tried your logindialog demo, and it doesn't seem to work for me. when i click the login button, it does nothing.

With SMS 3.9.1.153?

in addition, when i close sms. in my task manager, sms leaves the apps list and shows up in my background processes and never goes away. in addition, smartscreen in my background processes never goes away either

see attached screenshot

screenshot.png

4 minutes ago, IElite said:

in addition, when i close sms. in my task manager, sms leaves the apps list and shows up in my background processes and never goes away. in addition, smartscreen in my background processes never goes away either

Yes. This was mentioned as a known bug in the release notes.

It was attached in mine, but still doesn't work

procedure TForm1.W3Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Application.ShowModalForm('TLoginForm', 272,170, nil, LoginResultOk, LoginResultCancel);
end;