Sign in to follow this  
JimKueneman

Control-F

If I hit Control F the dialog box comes up if and only if the search string is empty.  

If I have used the dialog box once and there is a search string in the dialog it only searches for the same string and reports if it found it,  the only way to get back to the dialog is to go back to the mouse or use a bunch of keystrokes to access the main menu and select Search Find... (which is defined as the Control F short cut).  To me this is seems like an inconsistent user interface and does interfere with my work flow.  Most program have a "Find" which show the dialog and a "Find Next" or something like that to keep searching with the existing search string.  Lazarus uses Control-G for "Find Next".

Jim

I can't reproduce this. When I hit Ctrl-F again, the seach dialog pops up normally with the text that was searched for before. F3 works also as find next.

Edit: Wow, now I read your bug report about F3. I can't reproduce that right away but the error log may give a clue. Thank you!

9 hours ago, JimKueneman said:

I did not know F3 was find next... can that be added into the main menu as a menu item under "Find" with the F3 hot key shown for a visual cue?

I'll add it.