• Administrators

Hi all,

as you probably have noticed, I've been very quiet lately. When COVID-19 spread around the world, the restrictions hit my personal life pretty hard. In UAE, all the schools were closed very early and remained closed all the way to the end of the semester. There was also a strict lock down and lots of restrictions. Doing a lock down with three small children and having to home school them basically meant that my chances of spending many hours of time on development went to nil.

Luckily it seems like the schools will open in 3 weeks, which should give me a possibility to concentrate on development again. My plan is to get 3.0 out then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thank you for having patience with me and the support 🙂

I just took the kids to school. First day since we returned home. Eager to get the new version released.

Here's what needs to be done:

• Waiting for a new signing dongle for the executables.
  • Solve a small problem with having the right units in the uses-clause when we use TW3ScrollBox or a component that is derived from it.
    • This is mainly about the scroll bar type. I either change the IDE or move the definition of TW3ScrollBarType to another unit.

First I'll have a look if DWS will give me enough information so that I can dynamically add the right unit in the IDE. I gave this a try half a year ago, but did not manage to do it then. However, it'd be the best solution by far. If that does not work, it'd possible to have an internal list of types and what units they require. It's not elegant, so I'd like to avoid that as far as I can.

The other way to solve this is to simply start using SmartCL.Types.pas and move the defintion there. At the moment it's an empty unit, which makes me think that the plan was originally to have them there. This is not a really optimal solution as that unit would need to be added to old projects to get them to compile.

• Administrators

Well, that was easy. I was able to get the required unit from DWS, so the IDE adds it dynamically.

@lynkfs The 4.0 is the current alpha + some fixes that I have not committed yet. Suggestions are welcome for any other fixes/small improvements. In the situation we are now, I don't want to delay the release too much by taking on something too big.

• 11 months later...